SQE – Sponsored Research & Reports
- Quebec (Montreal Economic Institute)
- Alberta, BC, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick (Fraser Institute)
- Atlantic Canada (Atlantic Institute for Market Studies)
- Ontario (C. D. Howe Institute)
Learning and Teaching
- Canadian Education Association
- Council of Ministers of Education, Canada
- For information about Direct Instruction, see the Association for Direct Instruction, which also has useful essays on mathematics, reading, grouping, and Project Followthrough.
- International Association for K-12 Online Learning
- JUMP Math
- WISE Math
- Don Potter‘s site offers free phonics material and valuable essays.
- Reading Reform Foundation, a UK-based group which promotes phonics.
- Knowledge is Power Program
- Mathematically Correct
- Illinois Loop
School Choice and Education Reform
- Kids First Parents Association of Canada
- Parents for Choice in Education: Advocating for excellence in education, with maximum parental choice.
- Friedman Foundation, dedicated to the improvement in the quality of the education available to children of all income and social classes in the USA, whether that education is provided in government or private schools or at home.
- The Thomas B. Fordham Foundation, based in Washington, D.C., supports research, publications, and action projects of national significance in elementary/secondary education reform. The foundation seeks to advance understanding and acceptance of effective reform strategies that address the need for dramatically higher standards, accountability, educational diversity and choice, and a solid curriculum taught by knowledgeable instructors.
- The Center for Education Reform is a “spunky, non-blobby group”, based in Washington, D.C., which operates as a clearinghouse for innovative reforms in public education, especially charter schools. The Center maintains a comprehensive database of education reform efforts.
- The Battle Over School Choice. PBS documentary.
- Harvard Program on Education Policy and Governance contains research and information on school choice and school reform policy.
- National Centre on School Choice, which conducts research on how school choice affects individuals, communities, and systems.
- Parents for Evidence Based Education – a U.S. group that provides education information based on high-quality research.
- A League Table of Educational Disadvantage in Rich Nations UNICEF
- London Anti-Bullying Coalition is an independent non-profit, advocacy organization which strives to foster a culture of fairness, respect and equality for all students in every school, thus eliminating the problem of bullying in southwestern Ontario.
- Kids First Canada promotes the well-being of children and their families, parental choice in child care, and for equity in child care funding
- Ontario Autism Coalition
- School Advocacy Hamilton
Independent School Organizations
- Directory of private schools in Ontario
- Accelerated Christian Schools Association
- Centre for Jewish Education
- Association of Christian Schools International
- Canadian Association of Independent Schools
- First Nations Schools
- Ontario Alliance of Christian Schools
- Ontario Federation of Independent Schools
- Our Kids Publications
- Waldorf Education in Canada